While laminate floors are highly resistant to stains and abrasions, they are not indestructible. In order to maximize the durability and beauty of your laminate flooring, we recommend the following practices as part of your floor's normal care and maintenance.
- Place a doormat outside the exterior entrances to collect excess moisture, sand, grit and other potentially damaging substances from being tracked onto your laminate floor.
- Use only colorfast and non-scratch carpeting or pads on your laminate surface.
- Avoid sharp or pointed objects with concentrated weight such as high heels on your laminate flooring.
- Use protective felt pads under furniture legs or wide castors under appliance levelers.
- Do not slide furniture or appliances across your laminate floor. If using a wheeled dolly to move furniture or appliances, place a clean sheet of smooth plywood or other protective layer over your laminate surface.
- Rearrange furniture occasionally for increased indentation resistance
- Do not treat or seal your laminate floor panels after they are installed.
- Never sand, lacquer, or refinish your laminate flooring surfaces.