What do I need to know before I start installing my laminated flooring? [Dec 17,2014]
There are several things to consider before you begin to install a laminate floor. Careful preparation before beginning will make installing your laminate floor a quick and easy process.
- Ensure that your subfloor is flat, dry, and smooth.
- Always use underlayment under your laminate floor for soundproofing.
- Laminate flooring and underlayment/vapor barrier can be installed over concrete, wood flooring, vinyl tile, linoleum, tile, or virtually any other hard, flat surface.
- Take extra care when installing laminate flooring over radiant heating. Ensure that you read both the laminate flooring and radiant heat system instructions carefully before beginning.
- Read your laminate flooring manufacturer's installation instructions carefully.
- Allow you laminate flooring to acclimatize to the room where it will be installed for as long as possible (min. 48 hours)
- Inspect each laminate flooring panel carefully for defects or damage before installing it.