What is a laminated flooring AC rating? [Dec 17,2014]
AC hardness ratings are a standardized measure adopted by The Association of European Producers of Laminate Flooring (ELPF) . The AC measure rates abrasion resistance. All laminated flooring produced by KN laminate flooring manufacturer has a minimum punishment class of 23 for residential use (heavy) and 31 for commercial use (moderate), or an AC3 rating. AC ratings 4 and 5 are equally suitable for residential use as AC3 but somewhat more suitable for high traffic commercial applications. AC ratings below 3 are recommended for low traffic residential use only. Here is a more detailed guide:
- AC1 is suitable for lighter, more infrequent traffic, e.g. a bedroom.
- AC2 is suitable for general residential use in living rooms and dining rooms.
- AC3 can be applied to more varied locations, such as small offices and other light commercial location
- AC4 can be installed in higher traffic commercial areas such as boutiques, busier offices, and restaurant
- AC5 is more durable still and can withstand the traffic of heavier commercial areas such as department stores and public buildings.